ABOUT YONGSEO COUPLE
Language(s) : Korean
No. Of Seasons : 1
No. Of Episodes : 51
Original Channel : MBC
Original Run : 27 February 2010 – 2 April 2011
FACT ABOUT YONGSEO:
3. On 29 August 2010, the couple did a duet of Girls’ Generation’s “Run Devil Run” and CNBLUE’s “Love Light” at the Korean Music Wave 2010 concert in Incheon, South Korea. The concert was aired on 4 September 2010 on MBC’s Show! Music Core.
4. On 9 October 2010, Yonghwa confessed that he was actually thinking of Seohyun while writing the lyrics of “Love Light,” a song from his band’s mini album Blue Love which was released in May 2010.
6. On 14 January 2011, “Banmal Song” was released as a digital single, called For First Time Lovers. The single topped the Gaon Chart for two consecutive weeks, and the Banmal Song video was chosen as number four out of the top ten UCCs of the first half-year of 2011 by YouTube Korea. As of 25 November 2011, the view count of the video exceeded 4 million.
7. On 5 March 2011, Seohyun gave Yonghwa the knitted scarf with their names’ initials woven into it. Yonghwa lost it in Japan and felt guilty about that and gave her his self-knitted scarf as a gift to apologize for losing her handmade scarf. Besides that, he also gave her the “knitting photobook” that contained pictures of the progress of his making the scarf.
8. On 11 March 2011, MBC We Got Married announced that YongSeo Couple would leave the show at the beginning of April. They filmed their final episode on White Day, 14 March 2011, after over a year of their virtual marriage.
9. On 16 April 2011, MBC released the couple’s official wedding photos from the episode Wedding Photoshoot filmed on 26 February 2011.
10. The couple won Popularity Awards at the 2010 MBC Entertainment Awards.
11. On 20 August 2011, Yonghwa and Seohyun performed For First Time Lovers as a special duet at the “K-pop All Star Live” concert in Niigata, Japan. The concert was broadcast live on Fuji TV CS in Japan at that time and thereafter on MBC in South Korea on 11 September 2011.
Dubbed couple names
- YongSeo Couple (용서커플)
It was named by fans by combining the first syllables from their names, meaning “forgiveness” in Korean because of the intense disapproval after they were announced to be a new couple.
- Goguma Couple (고구마부부)
It was dubbed when Seohyun was to rate the husband by either saying sweet potato (because of her fondness for sweet potatoes) or hamburger (because she finds hamburgers unhealthy).
- Choding Couple (초딩커플)
It was dubbed by fans because of their childish jealousies and arguments.
- Musical Couple (음악커플)
It was dubbed because of their fond of playing musical instruments like guitar and piano.
- Walk-around Couple (도보커플)
It was named because they are always seen walking down the street instead of riding a car.
- Seagull Couple (기러기부부)
It was dubbed by Yonghwa when he wrote in the knitting photobook: “We’re always a wild goose couple,” referring to the fact that they are always travelling, and hence they are not able to see each other face to face.
- 2010-02-11 ===> YongSeo’s first meeting
- 2010-05-22 ===> their 100th day
- 2010-08-29 ===> their 200th day
- 2010-12-07 ===> their 300th day
- 2010-12-28 ===> their wedding photoshoot
- 2011-02-11 ===> their 1st anniversary
- 2011-03-18 ===> their 400th day
- 2011-08-20 ===> their 555th day
- 2012-01-12 ===> their 700th day
Cr pict: as tagged